This agreement was written in English and any other version that is translated, compiled or copied that may deviate from this version is considered not applicable. ONLY this version of the Terms of Service applies to any individual who signs up for an account on 800Social no matter their location or Country of origin. 800Social is owned and operated by My Friend Spot, llc located in Battle Creek, Michigan.
You agree to return to these Terms of Service from time to time, and ensure that they have not changed. You agree that you will check back to read these Terms of Service and ensure you are still in agreement with them.
We try to keep 800Social as safe as is possible for our members, and we ask that you follow the below rules. You agree that if you violate any of these rules we may without warning delete your account and all content loaded. You are encouraged to report any violation of these rules, and if you do report a violation we will not disclose your identity.
You agree that you are using THE SITE for free except for some possible current and or future features that may have some fee attached to them. You agree that while using THE SITE you will not use your account to do any of the following:
1. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user. This includes engaging in any behavior where you are spreading false rumors, posting imagery of another person that is designed to embarrass or harass without their permission and any other act that we deem as in violation of this section.
2. You will not ask for, solicit for any other persons login information or account information
3. You will not upload any viruses or malicious code. This includes links to sites such as phishing sites and malware sites
4. You will not use 800Social for any illegal, discriminatory, malicious, misleading activities.
5. You will not post content or link to any website that: teach, practice or incite hate speech, threatening, intimidating, racist, pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
6. You will not engage in unlawful activities such as, terrorism, planning crimes, pyramid schemes, illegal or illicit selling of drugs, gambling, etc.
7. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid schemes on 800Social
8. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access 800Social, using any kind of automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
9. You will not encourage any other person to violate this Terms of Service.
10. You will not create a account for your own personal use if you are younger than 13 years of age without parental permission (see 12 below)
11. With parental permission and with an email from them certifying your user name and their permission, members 10 years and older may sign up for an account.
Our users provide information about themselves when signing up for an account. This includes their name, and their own personal email as a control contact. You also agree to not do any of the following.
1. You will not provide any false personal information when creating your account.
2. You will not create more than one Account, unless you own, operate or are the authorized online representative of a business, then you may create another account for your businesses(es). Or you may create a page or group page for your club, business or organization.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will keep your contact information namely email and name up to date and current.
5. You will not share your password information with anyone else.
6. If you use and create an account User name that we feel is a Trademarked, inappropriate or offensive, we may remove that name and make you choose another. This is at our discretion solely.
7. You will follow all terms, policies as outlined in all policy pages on this site.
We here at 800Social respect others rights and we expect you to also respect that. Thus if you use THE SITE then you also agree to:
1. You will not post content or take any action on 800Social that infringes or violates someone elses rights or otherwise violates the law. 800Social is for fun, not for petty revenge.
2. You will not use our logo, copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission
3. You will not engage in any activity that is intimidating, harassing, demeaning or otherwise that we feel violates the letter or spirit of this Terms of Service.
4. You will not post someone elses identification, personal documents, home address, phone numbers, social Security Numbers, or other personal identifying information. These actions could be criminal in some States and Countries, and 800Social and My Friend Spot, llc will cooperate with law enforcement in these matters without your permission and or notification.
5. We have the right without notice to suspend your account(s), Page(s), Group(s) at anytime if we feel you or they have violated any part of these Terms of Service.
We live in a age where cell phones and tablets are becoming used more daily than desk top computers. So we have created these rules specifically for those who also use any kind of mobile device to access 800Social.
1. We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply.
2. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on 800Social as long as they follow this policy and your account and mobile device settings.
3. If you change your number after creating an account on 800Social, and you list that number on 800Social we suggest you change your number on your account.
You agree that the currently as of the date of this Terms of Service, the payment method 800Social accepts is PayPal. You agree that you will not block payment to us once you have paid for any service and or advertising package. You agree that THERE ARE NO refunds, and the services we offer are made without warranty or promise. All sales are final, and we do not in any way promise, represent, or guarantee the success of any ad you place and pay for on this site. If you block a payment to us, you agree that this section (PAYMENTS) of this Terms of Service shall be an authorization to PayPal to reverse the stop payment and re-release the payment to us. All Payments will be listed as going to My Friend Spot, llc who is the parent company / owner of 800social.com
The goal of any advertising that we allow on 800Social is to have it be interesting and useful, but also appropriate. Thus all advertisers agree to the following when they pay to have their product or service advertised on 800Social.com
1. They agree UNCONDITIONALLY to the above PAYMENTS section of this Terms of Service.
2. You agree that your advertisement may not violate any part of this Terms of Service.
3. Once you pay for your advertisement, and we approve it. If you decide to change the link location you must do so in writing.
4. You agree to also follow all terms in our Advertising Policy.
If we make any changes to these Terms of Service or any other policy controlling or effecting this site or its service(s) we will as stated at the beginning of this Terms of Service change the EFFECTIVE DATE. However also we will on our Official 800Social page notify via a post to that effect. You agree you will either check back often to make sure you still agree to the various policies, or we suggest you follow our official page for notices of any changes.
You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or 800Social exclusively in a state court located in Calhoun County Michigan. The laws of the State of Michigan will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Calhoun County, Michigan for the purpose of litigating all such claims. Further you agree to the following if you use this site in any way.
1. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your or your actions, content or information on 800Social, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on 800Social and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on 800Social. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on 800Social. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of 800Social.com
2. By signing up for a 800Social account you agree to hold 800Social.com it parent company My Friend Spot, llc its owners, stake holders, shareholders, employees, contractors, My Friend Spot, llc, and or anyone else employed by or associated with 800Social and its parent company My Friend Spot, llc harmless from any and all liability for any incident resulting from the use of this website no matter how severe. You further acknowledge that you may be online associating with and engaging in a social network setting with individuals who may not be who they say they are, and that even though 800Social has set up reasonable safeguards to ensure this is limited, you agree that we cannot stop this totally.
3. WE TRY TO KEEP 800SOCIAL UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING 800SOCIAL.COM AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT 800SOCIAL WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT 800SOCIAL WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. 800SOCIAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU AGREE TO RELEASE US, 800SOCIAL, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, OWNERS, MY FRIEND SPOT LLC, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE Â§1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR 800SOCIAL, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR MY FRIEND SPOT WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, 800 SOCIALS and MY FRIEND SPOT, LLCs LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
We strive to create a global community with consistent and fair standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with 800Social outside the United States:
1. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States of America.
2. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nations you will not engage in commercial activities on 800Social (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You agree that if you engage in these activities your account may be suspended without any notice, and you agree to hold My Friend Spot, llc - 800Social.com their owners, operators, managers, employees, contractors or anyone associated with My Friend Spot, llc and 800social.com free and clear of any and all claims for damages or relief of any kind.
3. 800Social is not responsible for any Government, or Governmental entity censoring or limiting your ability to see, gain access to or use this site.
4. We report all suspected acts, suspected acts and or statements about terrorist acts when we see them or are reported to us. We when required by law cooperate with both U.S. Based and international based law enforcement agencies via our Federal Law Enforcement agencies.
1. By "800Social" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at 800Social www.800Social.com and any other 800Social branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the APPROVE button, the Share button, SPOTS, DISLIKE button, REACT Button(s) and other similar offerings and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
2. By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from 800Social or provide data to us.
3. By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with 800Social.com
4. By "content" we mean anything you or other users post on 800Social that would not be included in the definition of information.
5. By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from 800Social or provide to 800Social through Platform.
6. By "post" we mean post on 800Social or otherwise make available by using 800Social.
7. By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
8. By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into 800Social at least once in the previous 30 days.
9. By "Hate Speech" we mean any post, speech, comment, image that is designed to incite a feeling of anger or discrimination towards any business, organization, person, race, religion or people.
1. This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding 800Social, and supersedes any prior agreements.
2. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
3. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
4. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
5. None of these rights or any waiver is transferable by you to any other entity or person.
6. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
7. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
8. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
9. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing 800Social.
By using or accessing 800Social Services, you agree and consent that we can collect and use such content and information in accordance with the Data Policy. as amended from time to time. You may also want to review the following documents, which provide additional information about your use of 800Social.
800 Social c/o My Friend Spot llc
979 Wagner Drive
Battle Creek, Michigan 49017
Or you can go to our 800Social page on this site, and post applicable questions or ideas. We listen to all suggestions as we know we will only get better when we listen to our members input.This Terms of Service was Last updated on: January 30, 2018